Choosing between a DSLR (Digital single-lens camera) and mirror-less camera for serious photographers is not an easy choice for sure. Both come with their own set of features. It is up to you to decide the best option for you.
To make this choice simpler, here is the comparison between the two with their pros and cons, to help you make an informed decision:
- Main difference: A mirrorless camera passes the light through the lens into the image sensor. Image sensor then captures a preview of the image and later this preview image is displayed on the rear screen.
- Weight and size: DSLR’s are bigger in size and bulkier with both a prism and lens whereas the mirror-less camera is smaller and easy to carry around.
- The range of lenses: DSLR camera comes with a wide range of lenses in comparison to mirrorless cameras.
- The quality of images and video: Both DSLR and the mirror-less camera give better image quality with almost similar resolutions with great pictures as an outcome. In the case of videos mirror-less cameras gives better results as compared to their DSLR counterparts due to on-chip focus sensors.
- Speed: Both DSLR and mirror-less have good shooting speed. Mirrorless cameras score more though with simple mechanics and high shutter speed.
- Battery Life: DSLR’s have a winning edge when it comes to the battery with usually longer life. The main reason for this is the fact that they can shoot without LCD screen or electronic viewfinder, both of which consumes more power.
- Accessories: As compared to mirror-less cameras, DSLR’s comes with a huge range of accessories with different price range. Also, DSLR cameras offer a wide range of lenses too.
Whatever you choose, weigh both sides including advantages and disadvantages for both these options before taking the final decision. To make a fair decision, choose a store which is trusted and experienced in electronics and camera segment. 42nd street photo is one great option to visit for this purpose. They have a lot of expertise in selling electronics and camera for last 50 years. They also offer online services, which you can avail by visiting their website.